Founded in 1899, Bournemouth Collegiate School makes an impressive residential centre for English studies. Just two minutes from the beach, the school is surrounded by eight acres of private tree-lined land, providing privacy and security for our students. Students from the ages of 10 and 16 are welcome and the school opens during the summer holiday for the junior courses.
The school offers a wide range of excellent facilities including:
- Tennis courts
- An all-weather astro pitch
- A 25m indoor swimming pool
- A large sports hall offering a full Olympic-size basketball court
- A large sports field for football, volleyball, hockey etc.
Rooms vary from single to multi-bed dormitories. Recently refurbished, the rooms are clean and new with plenty of showers and bathrooms. There’s also a weekly laundry service for students included in the price. Homestay accommodation is also available with local host families on a bed and breakfast basis. Our private transport service can take students to school and back home again every day at no extra charge.
Students enjoy freshly prepared food three times a day. The menu changes each week, with plenty of variety to keep students happy and healthy. Special diets can be catered for with prior notice, such as halal and coeliac etc.
Tuition and Activity Programme includes:
- 15 hours tuition per week, including textbooks.
- Certificate with level of attainment.
- Full daily activities programme.
- 1 full day excursion each week.
- 1 half-day excursion each week.
- Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Lessons from 9.15 – 12.45 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.