Founded in 1899, Bournemouth Collegiate School is a traditional British boarding school. Just two minutes from the beach, the school is surrounded by eight acres of private tree-lined land, providing privacy and security for our students.
We welcome students from the ages of 9 to 16. The school runs for four weeks from early July to early August.
The school offers a wide range of excellent facilities including:
- A large modern refurbished dining room
- Interactive whiteboards in all classrooms
- Tennis courts
- An all-weather astro pitch used for football and hockey as well as other outside games and activities
- A 25m indoor heated swimming pool
- A large sports hall offering a full Olympic-size basketball court
- A large sports field for football, volleyball, hockey etc.
Rooms vary from single to multi-bed dormitories. Recently refurbished, the rooms are clean, bright and comfortable and there are plenty of showers and bathrooms. There’s also a weekly light laundry service for students.
Homestay accommodation is also available with local host families on a bed and breakfast basis. Our private transport service takes students to school and back home again.
Students enjoy freshly prepared food three times a day. The menu changes each week, with plenty of variety to keep students happy and healthy. Special diets can be catered for with prior notice, such as halal and coeliac etc.
Tuition and Activity Programme includes:
- 15 hours tuition per week, including textbooks.
- Certificate with level of attainment.
- Full daily activities programme.
- 1 full day excursion each week.
- 1 half-day excursion each week.
- Freshly prepared breakfast, lunch, dinner.
- Lessons from 9.15 – 12.45 Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.