Studying at Southbourne
The perfect place to study
Southbourne School of English is set in a perfect location, occupying purpose-built facilities in a safe residential area and just a ten-minute walk from the beach. The school is open all year round and caters for students of all ages, levels and nationalities.
We provide a structured course programme with intensive courses for serious study. All teaching materials are included in our course prices and we provide regular progress assessment.
But it’s not all work. We also pride ourselves on our busy sports and social calendar with a variety of optional weekend excursions.
- 17 classrooms, all fitted with interactive whiteboards
- free language laboratory, with teacher to advise, after class
- free internet cafe
- free WiFi
- cafeteria offering hot meals, sandwiches, salads, snacks, hot and cold drinks
- large cinema room, with surround sound, for film nights
- pleasant garden with outdoor seating
- reception which can assist with booking tours and coaches, and offer further help and advice
Teachers and staff
All language teachers at Southbourne School of English are specifically trained in teaching English as a foreign language. Our teachers are friendly and efficient and are available to advise and assist students at all times.
Our Principal and teaching staff are responsible for the selection of all teaching materials used in class. They are constantly researching and developing new ways of improving language teaching.
See our “Meet the team” page to find out more about the staff at Southbourne School of English.