10 Top Tips for Studying at Southbourne School of English!
When studying at Southbourne School of English it’s important that you enjoy it and learn as much English as you can, making sure you get the most from your stay!
Take a look at these 10 top tips so your time studying at Southbourne is the best it can be:
1. Make friends from different nationalities – this teaches you about new cultures and helps improve your English the most!
3. Speak English 24/7 – it is simple, the more you speak English, the faster you will pick it up!
4. Travel and go on excursions – travel around the local areas and make sure you go on our excursions to places like London, Winchester and Oxford! You will be able to understand British culture and see amazing new towns and cities.
5. Go to your classes (100% attendance if possible) – you are here to learn English! So use your time here and make sure you don’t skip any classes unless you are really ill.
6. Ask questions and speak to us – we are here to help, if you have any questions then ask us! We don’t bite. Here’s where to go for answers to your specific questions:
- Classes/Teachers – Academic Office.
- Health/Illness – Welfare Office.
- Bookings/Excursions – Reception or the Activity Office.
- Host Family – Accommodation Office.
7. Watch English TV/Movies – if you watch English TV/Movies, add the subtitles and learn cinema’s spoken word! You may pick up some brand new vocabulary!
8. Carry a dictionary with you! – it can sometimes be very useful to have a dictionary on hand to look up a word you are unsure of!
9. Read English News – keep up to date with current affairs AND learn lots of English! Fantastic!
10. Go places and have fun with friends! – Make sure you go out with your friends and have a great time, make some memories and come back with improved English!