1 FREE week English tuition for every 6 weeks booked!
Click here for more information!
We are a privately owned family-run English Language School that provides teaching for international students.
We are a British Council accredited provider of English language and activity.
We are a member of English UK, Young Learners English UK, English UK South, Quality English and RALSA.
We have three main aims for all our students:
in residential boarding school; experiencing British culture first-hand and visiting tourist destinations
In order to achieve this we provide a secure and friendly environment where students can feel at home. We believe this provides the best experience for language learning and development.
We collect the following information from Students and Group Leaders
– Biographical information for our students and group leaders for enrolment purposes: name, date of birth, gender, nationality.
– Passport number and expiry date for visa application purposes and UKBA requirements
– Information about allergies, medical conditions, medical treatments and room-sharing preferences, for accommodation purposes.
– Contact details including postal addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers and parent or guardian’s contact details for consent and safeguarding purposes.
We collect the following information from Homestay hosts
– Name, date of birth, home address and landline number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank details, DBS certificate’s issue date and number, personal character references, signed homestay agreements, signed risk assessments and household description.
We collect the following information from Suppliers
– Email addresses, telephone numbers, bank account details, processed invoices in the interest of paying suppliers and/or fulfilling a contract.
We collect the following information from Employees
– Employee’s name, date of birth, home address, mobile number, e-mail address, CV, education history, tax and income details, national insurance number, bank details, DBS certificate’s issue date and number, referees’ professional contact details, first aid training, allergies, next of kin contact details. These are needed for payroll and HMRC submission, employment and safeguarding purposes in connection with employment.
Please note that we do not collect or store: credit/debit card details or ‘sensitive’ information, such as racial/ethnic origin, political beliefs, religious/similar beliefs, Trade Union membership; or sexual orientation/activities.
We only collect or store any personal information about minors (students under the age of 18) in the context of processing their course enrolment, homestay accommodation, transport arrangements, visa applications and travel insurance. This is applicable where permission is obtained by us or a third party acting as the data controller directly from a parent or legal adult guardian to collect this information.
We collect information on you when
– You contact us for information by phone or via email
– You work with us commercially as an agent, partner or contracted third party
– You send us students’ personal details for course enrolments and accommodation arrangements
– You accept to work for us as an employee
– You provide your personal and home details to become a homestay provider
– You use or interact with us via our website or our social media accounts
You can turn cookies off but you may not be able to use all services on our websites then. This is because we will not be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
We use different legal bases depending upon the purpose for collecting your data in the first instance:
Under the terms of current data protection legislation, we will always make it as easy as possible for you to opt out of unwanted processing, providing it does not restrict our ability to provide you with the service you have requested.
We collect data for a wide range of purposes so we do not have a defined retention period, unless specified by law. For each individual service we define a carefully assessed time-frame within which we retain your data.
After this, data is managed to ensure that it is either erased from our system, minimised and retained for legal reasons, or pseudo-anonymised and retained on a global suppression list to ensure that you do not receive unwanted messaging from us.
Under current data protection legislation, you have the right to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your data without undue delay. You may also request access to the data we hold on you.
To do this or to update your personal information at any time, please contact the school on 01202 422300 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclosing or sharing your data
Under the current Applicable Laws we have to specify who the data controller is for Southbourne School of English, provided via our websites, events, email communications, etc. The data controller is the organisation responsible for protecting information and, in the case of the personal information directly related to employees, homestay providers, individual students and contracted third parties (e.g. insurance, visas, transport), the controller is Southbourne School of English.
For personal information relating to the enrolment of group of students and the processing of their data for other purposes, the agents are the responsible data controllers and Southbourne School of English is the data processor..
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or if you have any questions about how we may use it, or to make a complaint, please contact please contact the school on 01202 422300 or by email email@example.com
Requests will be dealt with and responded to within a reasonable period, not longer than 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way our request was handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority:
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The information contained in the website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Southbourne School of English and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Southbourne School of English. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Southbourne School of English takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.